Are You the GLUE or the Sticking Point in Your Business?
Are you the GLUE that holds your company together or are you the sticking point?
Business Owners: you work hard, but it’s not just hard work that makes a business successful.
It's different than that...
Your Business Success is way more dependent on the markets you choose to serve, the products and services you offer, and how you lead your people. These things are key.
Your business success is not based on how hard you work, how many hours you slave away, and your belief that success has to be difficult.
Your business success is based on how well you do your job as a Business Owner and leader. You have two tasks: 1. Pave the way and get out of the way, and 2. Make decisions...the big ones.
If you're not doing your job (those 2 things), you are the sticking point and not the GLUE.
Here are signs that you are the sticking point that holds things up and not the GLUE that holds things together:
- You have to authorize all purchases
- You end up doing your team’s jobs because they can’t meet your standards
- You hire too quickly and take too much time to fine
- You are passive/aggressive with your staff
- You complain a lot…and no one is listening
- The negativity in your head is growing and you have a lot of head trash about your employees
- You have no accountability partner and are afraid to have one
- You don’t have a strategy for growth or expansion
- Every day is a fire-fighting day
Here’s what it looks like when you are the GLUE:
- Strategies, plans, and workflows are predictable and profitable
- Your workload is focused on your strengths and you are a high-performing leader
- Re-work and write-offs are minimal
- Client’s projects/products are done on time and on budget
- Your team knows their roles and responsibilities and their next level of professional growth is mapped out
- Your Vision and Values are operationalized and are the GLUE throughout the business
- The Condition for Success for you and your team are in place and producing results (profits)
- Your team is challenged by their work and eager to take on next level initiatives
- You have work/life balance: time with friends and family, a business accountability partner, scheduled respites for strategizing your next steps and business colleagues who are eager to collaborate with you to create a new solution for your industry
The path to your business success lies in Leadership GLUE and learning how to use the proven process of Hands ON to Hands FREE to Hand OFF.
Elon Musk is the world’s reigning brainiac with a big vision. He has an out-of-this-world goal…literally.
And he has a Hand OFF plan for SpaceX as well.
At a South by Southwest Conference, Musk summed up his Hand OFF plan this way:
He said he would personally go to Mars when the company (SpaceX) could continue running in his absence.
“I will go if I can be assured that SpaceX would go on without me,” he said. “I’ve said I want to die on Mars, just not on impact.”
In a speech at the International Congress in 2017 Musk further explained:
“You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great, and that’s what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It’s about believing in the future and thinking that the future will be better than the past.
“And I can’t think of anything more exciting than going out there and being among the stars.”
Musk has a long-term, huge goal which is driven by his belief in the possibility of a multi-planetary world for human beings. From his interviews and media coverage, he indicates that he believes the world is on a path of self-destruction and that survival of the human race will only be possible through habitation on other planets.
The Elon Musk Method, written by Randy Kirk, is a must-read if you want to learn more about the unique leadership style Musk brings to our world. Kirk breaks down the ‘Business Principles from the World’s Most Powerful Entrepreneur.’
So, what about you? Are you the leader who is the GLUE in your version of SpaceX? Or, are you the sticking point?
Whenever you’re ready, I have some ways to share with you so you can become a stronger, high-performing leader. Let’s chat: https://calendly.com/kaewagner/leadershipglue
In the meantime, get a free chapter of the Leadership GLUE book here: https://kaewagner.simplero.com/page/235003-leadership-glue-free-chapter-sign-up
Leadership Glue: It’s up to You.
https://calendly.com/kaewagner/leadershipglue to book a call for Leadership GLUE insights.
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment